Information about us
www.newsxchange.org is a site owned by the Union Européenne de Radio-Télévision/European Broadcasting Union (EBU) (“we”, “our” and/or “us”). We have our registered office at L’Ancienne-Route 17A, 1218 Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland.
We have appointed News Agenda Ltd, a company having its registered office at 148 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3AT, United Kingdom to design, maintain and operate the site on our behalf.
You can make use of our site whether as a registered user via the website of News Agenda Ltd and/or via resources provided by News Agenda Ltd, or as a visitor.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to visitors and/or registered users.
Information about you and your visits to our site
When you use the site, we collect and/or process information and personal data about you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using our site, you consent to such collection and processing.
Transactions concluded through our site
We have appointed News Agenda Ltd to organize the News Xchange event (the “event”) on our behalf. As such, contracts and/or commitments that you will conclude with News Agenda Ltd (e.g. your registration to our site, your registration to the event, your bookings for the event, etc.) either formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you are governed by the conditions News Agenda Ltd and you will conclude, as our site will redirect you to News Agenda Ltd for these purposes.
Uploading material to our site
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other visitor and/or registered user of our site.
Linking to our site
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected].
Links and/or hyperlinks from our site
Where our site contains links and/or hyperlinks to third party websites (including News Agenda Ltd’s website) and resources provided by third parties (including by News Agenda Ltd), these links and/or hyperlinks are provided for your information and/or for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those third parties’ websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to use these links and/or hyperlinks, you will leave our site.
Reliance on information posted on our site
The content on our site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Also, the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such content. The visitor and/or registered user agrees that the site is accessed and used under its own responsibility, and we therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such content by any visitor and/or registered user to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its content. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. The material published on our site should not be copied, reproduced, distributed, used, adapted or translated in part or in their entirety without the written authorisation of us, without prejudice to the possibility of downloading and printing elements from the site exclusively for personal, non-commercial purposes, provided that the content is not altered and the copyright and trademark instructions (if any) are maintained and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site. In doing so, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and/or third parties (including News Agenda Ltd) connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Variations And Precedence
Jurisdiction and Applicable law
Acceptable Use Policy
The acceptable use policy applies to all visitors to, and registered users of, our site. The acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our site.
Prohibited uses. You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Direct messaging facilities
- Live events with audience participation.
(the “interactive services”)
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for visitors and/or registered users (and in particular, for minors) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a visitor and/or registered user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (the “contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in Switzerland and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination, Liability
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of the acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access and use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in the acceptable use policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Variations And Precedence
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page (together with the documents referred to on it). You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.